Undergraduate College Grants

Students seeking a university or college education often worry about how to pay for their schooling, especially if they do not qualify for any more loans or scholarships. Fortunately, there are numerous grants available specifically for students entered in undergraduate degree programs. Removing the financial worry makes continuing your undergraduate college education so much easier.

The Federal Pell Grant Program offers grants to undergraduate students in financial need to help them complete their post-secondary education.The maximum amount a student can recieve per year is $5,500. Any student applying for a Federal Pell Grant must fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.

The U.S. Department of Education offers the Academic Competitiveness Grant for undergraduate college students. To qualify, students must be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant and attend school full-time. Students must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or higher through their college studies.

The National Science & Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant (SMART) is available to full-time students in their third or fourth year of undergraduate study. Students must major in engineering, technology, mathematics, various sciences, or a foreign language. Along with receiving the Federal Pell Grant, third and forth year undergraduate students will receive up to four thousand dollars annually to eligible National SMART Grant students.

Here are some additional tips on searching for undergraduate grants for college:

  • Visit foundation, industry association, and Fortune500 websites frequently to see what may be available
  • Use specialized search sites to help narrow the number of opportunities like FinAid.com and CollegeScholarships.com
  • Store all application information in the same location
  • Check with State, County, and local organizations for grant opportunities
  • Ask school counselors and financial aid representatives for assistance

Students should also pursue academic grants, subject-based grants, or grants for a specific ethnicities. More information grants can be found at www.Grants.gov.


Customize Your Education